The iGaming Asia event held between 13th-15th March 2018 was a huge success with the who’s who ranging from tech, operators, gaming investors and other gaming experts making their way to this annual event. To celebrate its decade anniversary, the Congress hosted its first iGaming Innovation Start-up Launchpad, which gave vetted start-ups a stage to present their products and services to the industry.
However, a significant crowd pleaser on the first day was the development of India’s gaming market, poised as the next big thing. With a population of 1.3 billion and an estimated value of US$470bn of underground betting, the India panel shared the wealth of opportunities the country expects to gain over the next few years.
Ranjana Adhikari, Co-head Media & Entertainment and Gaming Law Practice Group, Nishith Desai Associates and Pariekshit Maadishetti, Founder, Taj Rummy told of the rise of India towards becoming second-biggest gambling market in the world.
Key points discussed during the exclusive India oriented session: Evaluating opportunities in India: The past, the present and the future are as follows:
– Facts & Statistics were presented on India’s Gaming Scenario and how one could capitalize on the new opportunities
– Possible future licensing framework for local markets
– The Indian sports market – Understanding Demographics and preferences
– Discussing the future of eSports and skill gaming in India
– Rummy and Poker: Games of Skill and their entry into India
– Unravelling the opportunities for International operators in India